MIM DESIGN ARE HIRING
Experience / Qualifications
- Diploma/ Degree in Interior Design
- Minimum 2-5 years postgraduate experience in the industry.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Strong design and hand drawing skills would be highly regarded.
Reporting to the Directors, Senior Interior Designers and some client liaison. The Interior Designer will also have a relationship with various suppliers.
Position Purpose & Objectives
The primary role of the Interior Designer is to work on projects and provide support to the Directors and Senior Interior Designers and managing small projects.
- Work to outlined project scopes and deliverables including appropriate time allocation
- Working on all stages of projects from pre-concept to final documentation and ensure quality and design integrity that meets the Mim Design standard
- Meeting client deadlines
- Attend client meetings and take meeting minutes
- Manage and mentor graduate design staff
- Sound knowledge of materials and finishes within the industry keeping abreast of new products
- Knowledge of Building Code of Australia Standards
- Good knowledge of joinery and construction for documentation
- Provide regular updates to the Directors and Senior Interior Designer regarding the status of projects
- Provide regular updates to clients through email, telephone and meetings
- Meet new and existing suppliers
- Liaise with external contractors/ consultants and answer queries during construction phase
- Show initiative in project process/presentation
- Attend key industry functions
- Manage weekly timesheets and project specific expenses
- Bring fresh ideas to the table in relation to process, design and relevant environment
- Strong ability to communicate with staff, clients and suppliers
- Strong team player
- Lead and manage graduate staff
Key Personal Attributes
- Work well under pressure
- Strong work ethic
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills
- Enjoys interacting with others
- Willingness to learn and develop into a more senior role by demonstrating initiative in design concept and project management
Send your folio and CV to email@example.com